What to do when you live in Nashville!
Nashville, Tennessee is a vibrant and exciting city that has a lot to offer for both visitors and locals. If you are lucky enough to call Nashville your home, you are in for a treat because there are many fun and exciting things to do in the city. From exploring the local music scene to enjoying the great outdoors, there is something for everyone in Nashville. Here are some of the top things to do in Nashville when you live here.
1. Explore the Music Scene: Nashville is known as Music City for a reason. The city has a rich history of music, and there is always something going on in terms of live performances, concerts, and festivals. Whether you are into country music, rock, blues, or something else, you will find plenty of options to suit your tastes. You can check out local venues like the Bluebird Cafe, Ryman Auditorium, or the Grand Ole Opry to catch a show or attend one of the many music festivals that take place throughout the year.
2. Visit the Museums: Nashville has a number of excellent museums that are well worth a visit. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is a must-visit for any music lover, and the Frist Art Museum offers a rotating selection of interesting exhibitions. The Johnny Cash Museum is also a popular attraction, as is the Tennessee State Museum, which showcases the state’s history and culture.
3. Enjoy the Great Outdoors: Nashville is blessed with beautiful natural surroundings, and there are many ways to enjoy the great outdoors here. You can hike in the nearby hills and mountains, take a canoe trip down one of the many rivers, or simply enjoy a picnic in one of the city’s many parks. The Percy Warner Park and the Radnor Lake State Park are two great options for outdoor activities.
4. Explore the Food Scene: Nashville has a thriving food scene, with a diverse range of restaurants offering everything from Southern comfort food to international cuisine. Some must-try local dishes include hot chicken, biscuits and gravy, and meat and three. You can also sample the local craft beer scene at one of the many breweries in the city.
5. Attend Sporting Events: Nashville is home to several professional sports teams, including the NFL’s Tennessee Titans, the NHL’s Nashville Predators, and the Nashville Soccer Club. Attending a game is a fun way to support the local teams and enjoy some exciting sports action.
6. Visit the Historic Sites: Nashville has a rich history, and there are many historic sites to explore throughout the city. The Belle Meade Plantation and the Hermitage are two popular options, as is the Fort Negley Visitors Center, which offers a fascinating glimpse into the city’s Civil War history.
In conclusion, Nashville is a city with a lot to offer for those who live here. Whether you enjoy music, food, the outdoors, sports, or history, there is something for everyone in this vibrant and exciting city. So get out and explore all that Nashville has to offer!