How To Maximize Space in a Small Garage
If it seems that new homes these days have included garages better suited for a tonka truck than a real one, it’s not your imagination. With land at a premium, home builders can maximize the living space square footage by skimping on the garage size. As a result, many homeowners are lucky to fit one car in their two-car garage. But there are ways to make the most of the space you have by employing a few simple tips.
Maximize the Space in a Small Garage
· Use the wall space by adding brackets, hooks, or shelves. · Add overhead storage racks. One nice change from the older garages is taller ceilings.
· Organize sports equipment like balls, bats, workout equipment, and other items that take up space because they are dropped in random locations.
· Buy a tool tower and keep those yard tools with long handles from falling or cluttering the garage.
· Line the walls with pegboards. It’s an inexpensive way to keep small tools organized.
· Keep it clean. Half the battle with all garages is the ever-expanding stuff. Create a routine to do a deep clean/tidy on a regular basis.
· If room permits, add an outdoor shed or other storage structure to a side yard to store bulky items, such as holiday decorations.